My Checklist for Fitness
Checklist for Fitness
Today supreme court made gay sex an offence punishable with upto life imprisonment. Punishment for loving someone. How sad! Will this ruling make any homosexual, straight? Will this change the love inclinations of homosexuals? None. Rather, this ruling against love will breed hate and frustration. *how mean* *sigh sadly*
Anyways, hush hush my mind. Let us talk about fitness. I have this habit of scribbling. Mostly I scribble about gratitude, self questions and resolutions. And it turns out that most of what I scribble about revolves around my fitness goals *True love you see*. I enjoy this scribbling, the most after an amazing workout session.
May be because, the warrior feel post a good workout, tranquilizes the mind. The mind kind of forks out into a drunk state, which is the best state to, elicit the genuine answers from it and win it over with new resolutions. Overtime I have realized that this habit of self questioning, followed by goal setting, helped me in realizing some of my fitness mistakes. I was going through my scribble pad, sharing these common questions that I ask myself..
1. What did you eat as the evening snack in the last whole week? Ok evening is the time when I am at my hungriest best. At this time, I am the most vulnerable to eat anything, rubbish too . if I have not thought of an evening snack from before. I eat whatever I find in my closet (Biscuits, namkeens, sweets from neighbour’s wedding). And ohh the fried food cravings are supreme at this time. Samosa, pakoda are glanced once then daboed hastily without allowing a second thought.
So okay first point on my checklist is plan your evening meal from before. It works
2. How many late nights last week? . You know I keep falling into the trap of sleeping late and waking up late or sleeping less number of hours. Once in a while it is okay but our body has a very good (read bad) habit of adaptability. So it becomes tough to break the habit.
No proper sleep proper body cycle = no fitness. So lights off early from today. I mark this as a second point on my checklist.
3. How many days of workout last week? 3 or 4 or 5? Well 5 brings a big smile. The hearty smile to me.
Workout for atleast 5 days a week and feel happy. There goes the 3rd point on my checklist.
4. How many times you ate out in the week? Including parties at home. 1 or 2 or 3 or….7? . 1 makes me feel proud. but 5 makes me feel OMG . Okay so the follow up question is what did you eat? if it was not indulgence then that meal is given a pass.
Eat at home or when you eat out then eat wisely. 4th point checked.
5. How many hours you sat in front of the computer, without taking a walk, stretch or water break? Last week off course. Okay! Forget about the last week, I am a culprit right now. I have been sitting in front of my laptop from last 2 hours. No water break. I better go and hydrate myself first, stretch a bit and then resume writing.
Huhh, had water and stretched a bit. Note to self: Do not complain of sloppy skin and sluggish metabolism if you do not hydrate yourself every 1-2 hours. One more thing hydrate with water, not with coffee or tea or cold drinks 5th point check marked in steel.
6. How many times you fussed about little things and unnecessarily stressed yourself, in the last week?
Umm well.. That’s a very genuine question. I have to learn to take it easy otherwise soon I will have to learn to live without my precious hair(as they are the first thing which leave us when we are under stress) and I will have to learn to live with big dark circles and with poor sleep and some extra weight..
Oops! from now on, I will laugh off the tiny problems like usne ye kaha, wo mere baare main ye sochti hai, ab kya hoega.. baahhh I will bury it all loling. In short, I will laugh more than I crib. Good Idea! 6th point ready to go.
These are my check list for fitness. What are yours? Share no. It will be fun
Image Source: 1